C was originally developed at Bell Labs by Dennis Ritchie between 1972 and 1973. C is the basic language to write everything from operating systems to complex programs like Oracle database, Python interpreter and more. Nowadays, it is one of the most widely used programming languages with compilers from various vendors available for the majority of existing computer architecture and operating systems.
C was designed to be compiled using a relatively straightforward compiler, to provide low-level access to memory, to provide language constructs that map efficiently to machine instructors and to require minimal runtime support Despite its low-level capabilities, the language was designed to encourage cross-platform programming.
The C programming language
is versatile with this language you can survive in any field. This language is not limited it has vast programming functions.
WHERE C PROGRAMMING IS USED?
- The c programming language is widely used in embedded systems.
- It is used for developing system applications.
- It is widely used for developing desktop applications.
- Most of the applications by Adobe are developed using the C programming language.
- It is used for developing browser and their extensions. for example, Google Chrome is built using C programming language.
- This is used to developing a database. MYSQL is the most popular database software which is built using C language.
- It is used for developing operating systems. for example, Microsoft Windows, Symbian, and Mac are developed using C language.
- This programming language is used for compiler production.
Following Are The Features Of C Programming Language:
- C language is a robust language.
- It is a low-level programming language which is close to machine language.
- This language is widely used in the structured development field.
- It is a procedure and structure oriented programming language.
- This programming language has the full support of various operating systems and hardware platforms.
- Many compilers are available for executing programs written in C.
- A compiler compiles the source file and generates an object file.
- A linker links all the object files together and creates one executable file.
- It is highly portable.
For a modern engineer education is incomplete if he is not aware of coding. We use codes for various different purposes, like telling automated machines what to do or in solving the complicated numerical problem. C is useful for other engineering branches because it is the language of choice for hardware interfaces. It is commonly used for data acquisition and real-time robotic control. C is the most widely used programming language for embedded processors. In mechanical engineering branches, C helps students to learn MATLAB quickly. The C programming language is also used in electrical and electronics engineering branches because with help of c programming language they can learn MATLAB quickly without any hassle.
Thus, Learning C Programming opens up endless opportunities in every working domain, the only thing required is to attain the right training for the right place